Wednesday 8 July 2009

A New Journey Begins

OMG. Today finally marks the day where I officially start my domesticated lifestyle. No more office work for the next 2 years & 2months. No more office wear, office heals, lugging heavy laptops to work. 3 weeks of break before we fly to Idaho on 31 Jul morning.

YEsterday was a heart-warming day. Since Monday, I was given farewell treats and presents from both AD & AT dept. Yesterday, recieved presents from Rachel and Jamie. Thanks peeps. All your stuff are going with me to the States for sure. But what really surprised me was how I was led to one of the meeting rooms to view a specially-created video by AD peeps with shots of pics we took coupled with live-taken clips of best-wishes from each and everyone of them. (Athough half the time all I heard was Mahjong, Coach Bags and little Babies). I tried me best not to cry during the video screening, but failed. But I was real touched by all the lurve shown by all my CAAS colleagues. It has been wonderful working with all of them these past 4 years. I'm gonna miss all my girlies there as well....

Time really flies. I still remember in the midst of one of the inaugural ceremonies early last year, I recieved a call from Hubby saying we have scheduled to leave for the US in August 2009. I was still thinking to myself, Wow How exciting! But still such a long way to go....

But today, Im 3 weeks away.

So yesterdae, after I had finally returned my laptop and my airport pass and shreded every last bit of paper, I headed to the carpark while hubby was waiting to pick me up. And as I was workking towards the carpark entrance, I saw the huge eyecorp advertisment there with the words "A New Journey Begins".

And I was thinking to myself. Wow. HOw apt. My new Journey Really Begins.

No comments: