Thursday 8 October 2009

17th week..

Just got back from the hospital, did my 17th week check-up today.

AGAIN, they dun want to scan me despite me being there for a scheduled check-up. Unfortunately I tot i will be scanning for gender today, but I was wrong. I will need to go for an ultrasound procedure during my 20th week, and only then will they be able to see the gender of my baby clearly thru the ultrasound.

The gync did a short review with me today however, said I need to put on more weight. I snack like mad already, I'm eating ice-cream, burgers, french fries... but im STILL not putting on enough weight. I have no idea where all the calories are going to.. I only put on 1KG since I arrived here.. 1KG @ 4 months is not ideal.. so I guess I have an excuse to eat more junk food now :P

And since I was already there, the hospital decided it wud be fun to draw more blood from me. Hey, i already contributed 3 times of blood drawing which equals to 9 tubes of blood to them, what's another 3 more tubes today rite? They draw so much blood from me, sometimes I din even know what it was for.. mostly they say for lab tests to tests for different things.. ok at least I know today is to test for HIV, Cystic Firbosis and some genetics quad screening thingy.. but the rest of the earlier 9 tubes? I have no idea.

Grr.. I think im already quite numb from the blood drawing process, im no longer scared of it. Even the guy at the lab who draws blood, today I went there again to get my blood drawn, and he's lik e " Oh! You again! Back for more torture!!" And then he goes and prepare the bed for me instead of putting me on the chair because he already knows I need to lie down when I draw blood cos I might faint. haha. How nice.

Oh well, I did get to listen to baby's heartbeat; going strong. Doc says other than my lack of weight, I seem to be having a great pregnancy.. I truly am.. and I'm truly thankful for that.. =)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

all the drawn blood is probably why you aren't gaining any weight..

Abi