Monday 3 May 2010

Such serenity..

I'm typing away with Lucas sleeping on my lap. Wow, just realised he's quite the long bean. When i place him across my lap horizontally, his legs are sticking out already.

And he's sleeping with such serenity.. how nice it is to be a baby, ain't it..eat, sleep, eat, sleep..

Hubby is on morning shift today. Dad goes home in 5 days.

Yesterday night we popped by Boon Tong and Irene's house to see their twins - Lucas and Olivia. Having one baby is stressful enough. But they have 2. I can just imagine the amt of stress they must be under, and so far away from Home too. But twins! Such a blessing!

So yesterday they wished me an early Happy Mother's Day. And I have to admit, for one second I was taken aback. And at that very moment, I realised - Wow! I'm a mother! I get qualified to celebrate Mother's Day now!

I guess it never quite sank into me all these while that i'm a MOTHER. That word just sounds so... scary. Being responsible for another human being's life. I always thought Mother's Day was meant for my own mummy only. I went around walmart these few weekends looking at all the Mother's day stuff they had.. without even realising HEY! I'm a mother too! It's my day too! :)

How silly of me.

No comments: