Tuesday 22 September 2009

Baby Updates..

Haven been blogging much here. Wanted to wait til my first trimester is over before I started blogging my pregnancy journey here. =)


I'm now at 14 weeks. Found out I was pregnant just 2 weeks before I left SIN. It was seriously a shock for both hubby and me cos it was unplanned. Well, nothing is 100% safe. HAH!


To be honest, this pregnancy really threw us off guard. The first hour we found I was pregnant, we started panicking, jumping up and down and wailing to each other "What are we gonna do? what are we gonna do???" I was real upset when I first found out abt it. Cos having a baby was not on the cards, not on our 5-year plan. We haven had our traditional wedding yet, our house wun be ready til 2012/2013, and mentally, we were just not prepared to be parents.


Pregnant and being so far away from home really has its pros and cons. Pros: my baby will be an American citizen, and maybe us parents can retire in USA one day. And from what we know, if we give birth here, its FOC, check-ups and meds are all free, plus u get some baby allowance thats just as good as the baby bonus back home. We have our own house, our own car, and most importantly, I don't have to work throughout my entire pregnancy.. but still at that point of time, the cons seriously outweighed the pros: Being far away from home, far away from family, far away from good healthy food, the cold unberable weather here..


Still, needing to take this all in our stride, we spent the last 2 weeks preparing for stuff that we would need to bring here - chicken essences, herbs etc..


And after 1.5 months of being here, I'm coping well. I had morning sickness during my last 2 weeks in SIN.. but the minute I stepped off the plane and onto American Soil, Bam! All gone. I felt as fine as a cow, so fine that sometimes i even forgot I'm pregnant. I could eat, jump around, no nausea no vomiting, no nothing. I did 2 scans at the Base Hospital to make sure everything is going well. It was a great, smooth first trimester..


And now im into my second.. feeling the tummy grow a little.. tummy gets painful once in a while when im not in the correct position. I sleep more now.. about 10-12 hrs a day, and sometimes napping a few more hrs in the afternoon if im tired. Im excused from certin housework like ironing and vacumming and washing the bathtubs and toilets cos it hurts my back. Hubby takes over these chores for me. hehe.


Other than that, so far, so good :) Thank you, God.



Say hello to my little Peanut (At 9 weeks)! :)



2 comments:

Undine said...

Congratulations gal!!! Lovely to hear that you are pregnant.. =) Cheryl - she just gave birth to her baby girl too.. =)
Must take care of urself!

Unknown said...

aww...congrats and do take care of yourself over there! :)